We hope that you enjoy exploring and finding out about our fabulous school!
Hornbill School can be found at the heart of British Forces Brunei – 8000 miles from the UK! We are the most easterly MOD School in the World and welcome children from Service, MoD and entitled families who are posted to BFB.
At our school we use our unique context and geographical location to create a wonderfully engaging and enriched curriculum. We welcome visitors into school and undertake a range of trips, both within BFB and across Brunei, in order to enhance our curriculum further.
- We follow the National Curriculum for England and Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
- All children admitted prior to the term after their third birthday are fee payers. Entitled Fee Payers and Non-Entitled Fee Payers may apply in line with the admission requirements in JSP 342.
- A team of His Majesty’s Inspectors visits regularly. Our most recent school inspection report can be located on the Ofsted web site.
- We receive ongoing support and monitoring from MOD Schools School Improvement Team
- Children who are 11 years old, and have completed Year 6, may wish to use Continuity of Education Allowance, to continue their education in UK or join a school in Brunei.